Dwelling Fire Insurance
Dwelling fire insurance is a named perils insurance policy that provides protection from damage caused by this specific hazard. Despite this policy’s name, dwelling fire insurance may also provide coverage for other perils as noted below. Dwelling coverage can be obtained for up to four dwellings in a single building, as long as the owner occupies one of the units. As the name implies, dwelling fire insurance covers only the dwelling—not any detached outbuildings such as garages, sheds or boathouses.
Advantages to having a dwelling fire insurance policy include:
- Saving money on homeowner’s insurance
- Covering up to four dwellings
- Providing coverage for seasonal properties at a much lower price than traditional homeowner’s insurance policies
- Insuring your tenants
Named perils that may be included in dwelling fire insurance:
- Collisions with vehicles or aircraft
- Electrical malfunction
- Broken pipes
- Frozen pipes
- Injury on or off property
- Damage to property or other’s property
- Gas leak explosions
Our experienced insurance specialists are here to help you determine the best policies for your needs. We’ll help you determine replacement values and work with you to help you decide what additional products may be right for you.